Through this COVID-19 Pandemic we are looking to add confidence in the safety and protection of us all. In addition to our ongoing strict guidelines with regards universal precautions, we are pleased to announce several additional layers of safety we have added to facilitate the care and protection of both our patients and our staff. Of the most advanced systems we have added for increased safety are: extra oral aerosol evacuation unit and a surgical clean air system.
Below you will find a detailed list of what to anticipate in our new safety protocols.
What should you expect as a patient?
- Pre-appointment confirmation calls with pre-screening questions to assess any changes in your health.
- Advanced registration using our online forms.
- Maintaining social distancing by arriving at your designated appointment time and limiting any companions from accompanying you to your appointment. We are requesting family/companions wait in their car and we will call them upon completion of treatment.
- Masks are required to be worn by all patients into the office. The Barlow Building will also be providing masks in the lobby for anyone entering the building.
- Hand sanitizer is to be used upon arrival and available through the office.
- Temperature checks of all patients checked daily upon arrival.
- Antiseptic mouth rinse to be completed before treatment.
- COVID-19 questionnaire and consent form to be completed by new and existing patients.
- Scheduling protocols in place to provide increased safety and social distancing.
- Writing pens will be available for you to use (and take home) or you may choose to bring your own.
- Eye wear: we ask you bring glasses with you (sunglasses or reading glasses) to use as personal protective eyewear and we will also have individual glasses for patients to use and keep.
- Remote consultation follow-up will be used to minimize onsite exposure when possible.
- Review of treatment plan before beginning procedures and touchless processing of payment with prior credit card authorization from patients.
What should you expect from our Team?
- Daily health assessment and temperature check of team members at the beginning of the day.
- Full personal protection equipment for all surgical team members.
- Mask worn by all team members at all times.
- The highest level of infection control.
- Ongoing training on OSHA and infection control protocol and close monitoring for compliance.
What should you expect from our Office:
- Extra oral aerosol evacuation unit: Providing additional high volume removal of droplets and aerosols. With an extensive medical grade filtration system. Along with UV light disinfectant, viral and germ products will be eliminated.
- Surgical clean air system: certified to filter at least 95% of all particles in the air.
- Continuous and thorough disinfection of ALL surfaces in the office.
- Glass partition at reception desk.
- Touchless processing of payment with prior credit card authorization from patients.
As we begin a new phase in patient care, rest assured that providing the highest quality of care in the safest setting remains our number one priority. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to watch us live daily, @smilesofchevychase. If you have any questions or need assistance with scheduling, please contact us at 301-652-0656 or send email to [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you soon!
- Dr. Markogiannakis and your team at Smiles of Chevy Chase